411 Piquette Avenue
Office & Industrial
Original Date Built
This is a building that is a manifestation of Milwaukee Junction’s automobile and rail history. Cars were made here and sent out to the rest of the world.
411 Piquette is a mixed-use office and industrial building attached to the original Model T assembly plant, designed for Ford Motor Company by Albert Kahn. The four-story masonry building features 28,500 SF floor plates with seven loading docks, and two drive-in doors. 411 Piquette provides an additional creative anchor in the Milwaukee Juntion neighborhood, alongside Chroma.
411 Piquette offers 110,000 square feet of office and industrial space for lease.
Stage of Development
The development sits at the corner of Piquette Ave. and Beaubien St. in Milwaukee Junction.
411 Piquette is being reimagined as a mixed-use development.
411 Piquette is adjacent to the historic Ford Piquette Plant where the Model T was first produced.
History: In 1910, Ford Motor Company relocated to its new Highland Park Plant and Studebaker purchased its Piquette plant in 1911. In 1920, they built the attached parts storage and service which is now 411 Piquette and manufactured cars in the complex until 1933.
Community Engagement: As a creative space, outreach to the design, craft, maker, and manufacturing communities are critical to the project’s development evolution and occupancy.
Design Excellence: The design intention at 411 Piquette is to celebrate its industrial heritage and open-column structure while introducing design improvements that create spaces for people and add amenities to the building.
In the Neighborhood: Chroma, Underground Resistance, Jam Handy, ONE Mile Detroit, Tangent Gallery, Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, Oakland Avenue Urban Farm, Michigan Urban Farming Initiative, Russell Industrial Center, Howrani Studios, Motown Museum, College for Creative Studies, and Shinola Factory Headquarters
Transit: Bus #042; Q-line Station: Amsterdam; MoGo Station: E Bethune St & Brush St